Seven Little Statements About Shaft Alignment
These observations were compiled in an article a few years back. Do they still ring true?
- Most of the attention to precision alignment has centered on large, process-critical machines.
- Most maintenance departments have been downsized and spend much of their human capital addressing unscheduled maintenance.
- Most of the unscheduled maintenance activity is on small equipment such as ANSI pumps and mixers.
- Most plants have very few people capable of achieving precision alignment.
- There are even fewer people who really understand shaft alignment.
- Most tradesmen are smart and can learn alignment in one or two days.
- Shaft alignment of direct coupled machines can be done quickly without sacrificing precision.
Well, what do you think? What are you seeing out there in your world? Could a little training go a long way?